Every Wednesday at UPC the church is alive with children and youth, bringing a new level of energy and excitement to the entire congregation.
The LOGOS Ministry believes that “Nurturing people, especially youth and children into right relationship of faith with God through Jesus Christ is the most important thing the church ever does!”
What does LOGOS do?
Every week during the school year, over 50 children from grades K – 12 gather at UPC for the Logos program. Logos is about building relationships – among the children, between children and adults, and between each child and God. At Logos, everyone treats everyone else as a child of God.
Since 2010, the children and adults of UPC have been enriched and blessed by participation in the GenOn method of Intergenerational Ministry. Learn more about GenOn.
For the 2020/2021-year, LOGOS will look very different. The Logos children share weekly in the three parts of the program – Bible study, recreation, and worship skills. Each part is based on scripture about the life of the early Christian Church.
- Kids are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing protocols.
- Elementary LOGOS will meet from 3:45-5:00. The doors will be locked until it is 3:45. Mid and Sr highs will check in at 6:15 and end at 7:30
- There will be no interactions between the two groups of kids.
- There will be no welcome or snack time so if your child will need a snack please provide that for them before coming to LOGOS. Your child will need to have their snack completely finished before entering the building.
- Depending on which age group your child is in they will enter and exit from the same door. At this time, we are asking that ONLY your child enters the building, please stay in your cars and/or outside.
- Dinner will no longer be served. There will be a monthly Zoom dinner, your child will be given a sack dinner to be taken home and enjoyed over Zoom with the rest of the LOGOS kids.
United Presbyterian Church will follow Albany County Schools District #1’s lead.
If the school district moves to meeting on line we will do the same.